Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm a Big Kid Now

Ladies and Gentlemen I am here to tell you that I have a potty trained son.I've been toying with potty training Wes for several months now, and I've finally bitten the bullet and done it! Ok, so today was only day 4 of Wes in big boy underpants, but he's doing so well. My friend Sarah recommended Lora Jensen's 3 Day Potty Training Method to me and I will be forever grateful. I really had no idea how I was going to do this. My best guess was to put him in his underpants during the day, pull ups at night and a whole lot of bribes and patience.

What I got from Lora Jensen's Method was a plan. Basically she asks you to take 3 full days where you can put your main focus on your potty trainee, and be prepared to use lots of positive reinforcement and NO negative attitudes. She also promotes giving your toddler the reigns in telling you when they need to use the facilities.

So this is my first potty training experience, but I think that it went really well. Wes picked up on it quickly, however I should say that Wes is over 2 1/2 so maybe he was just more than ready for his mom to get in gear.

So if you're looking for a way to get your kid to use the potty check out the 3 Day Potty Training Method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...