Monday, July 11, 2011

Childhood Favorites: The Biggest Klutz in Fifth Grade


I can't tell you how many times I've read this book. I love it! I've always been a sucker for underdog stories, and this is no exception.

Pat Berry is your basic middle school kid. Somewhat clumsy, slightly overweight, and fairly intimidated by girls. Unfortunately for Pat, the school's golden boy, Neil Moffett keeps giving him catchy nicknames like Fat Pat Berry the Twinkletoes Fairy and The Klutz. When Neil humiliates him in front of the hottest girl at school, Tiffany Williams, he's had all he can take.

Pat bets Neil that he can go all summer without any major injuries. The loser has to kiss The Blimp, otherwise known as Kristine Plimpton. Kristine is a sweet girl with pretty eyes who just has the unfortunate combination of some extra baby fat and the last name of Plimpton. Neil was kind enough to give come up with her nickname too. Kristine and Pat used to be good friends until she showed him a little too much attention.

Supported by his two best friends, Kent and Jose, Pat is determined to beat Neil Moffett.

I loved watching (or reading) Pat struggle with his own bad habits and Neil's bad intentions as he fought to win the bet. Bill Wallace is a great author who lets you get a good peak into the mind of young teenage boys. I'd recommend it to any young readers! You can get it off of amazon for $6!

As always, I'd love some recommendations for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...