Thursday, June 23, 2011

Healthy, Easy, Yummy Pork Chops

I found this recipes several years ago, and I'd forgotten about it for a while. But I've recently re-discovered it, and I can't believe I ever forgot how yummy it is! And it's also pretty healthy, so that's a bonus. I remember that ever time I made it I felt like a good wife. I totally recommend this to everyone! It's so good!

Simply Glazed Pork Chops
1 acn (14.5oz) fat free reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
3 cups small broccoli florets
4 bone-in pork chops (1-1/4 lb.), 1/2 inch thick
1/4 cup KRAFT light CATALINA reduced fat dressing
1/4 cup orange juice
3 Tbsp. maple-flavored or pancake syrup
2 Tbsp. sliced PLANTERS Almonds, toasted (optional)

BRING broth to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat; stir in rice. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes. Add broccoli; stir. Cover; simmer an additional 2 min. Remove from eat; let stand 5 minutes or until broth is completely absorbed.

MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add chops; cook 4 min. on each side or until lightly browned on both sides and cooked through (160 F). Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.

ADD dressing, orange juice and syrup to skillet. Bring to boil on medium-high heat; cook 3 min. or until sauce is reduced by one half. Serve chops and rice drizzled with the sauce; sprinkle with almonds.

Kraft Kitchen Tips- For even browning, ensure good contact with heat source by pressing meat onto surface of skillet with spatula.

Substitute- Substitute boneless chops for bone-in pork chops.

I made mine with boneless chops and no almonds and it was great! Give it a try! And if you have any great recipes for me please share!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really delicious, I am going to try it - thanks for sharing at Fingerprints on the Fridge - I'm your newest follower and would love a follow back!

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really good! Also, don't be afraid to double the sauce at the end because there never seems to be enough. I checked out Redo 101 and loved it! That house on Hunter's Grove is amazing! I'm following you too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...