Monday, May 2, 2011

Chocolate Pudding Cake

This weekend I was craving chocolate cake (ok so when am I NOT craving chocolate cake) and I found a really easy great recipe! AND it's another one you could do all if not mostly sugar free. I found it on a great food blog Shugary Sweets, by Aimee.

She said, "There are so many varieties you can make as well. The one I made used a chocolate cake mix, vanilla pudding, and a bag of semi-sweet morsels. One of my favorites though is yellow cake, with butterscotch pudding and butterscotch morsels. You pick your favorites! Your taste buds will thank you."

Pudding Cake Recipe:
Ingredients
Boxed cake mix (sugarfree if you want)
12oz bag of morsels (choc. chips, butterscotch, peanut butter, which I'm sure you can find sugarfree)
3.4oz box of instant pudding, prepared (sugarfree if you want)
1 lg container of cool whip (sugarfree if you want)
Directions
Prepare pudding mix as directed.
Add to dry cake mix and bag of morsels.

Stir until thoroughly combined.
Bake cake according to package (in a prepared 13x9).
Top with cool whip after cooled. Enjoy!
I got several compliments on this cake, especially from my diabetic grandparents! They rarely get to eat yummy desserts with their sugar restrictions. Although I would say that it's way better after it's sat in the fridge for several hours. And next time I'm going to scale back on the morsels. I hope you give it a try

3 comments:

  1. I spotted the "sugar free" on Its a Keeper..and clicked on over :) ..I am type one diabetic so this sounds amazing to me! Even though the whole recipe isnt sugar free I still dig it!...thats what extra insulin is for ;)

    -Linds
    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying it. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It is definitely best after refrigerating it :)
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...