Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dr. Pepper Chicken

Ok, everyone has their go to recipes, and this is mine. You know I love recipes with 5 ingredients or less, and this is no exception. It's so simple and SO delicious you'll be adding it to your cookbook before you can finish your meal! Another great thing is that you can put the chicken in frozen in case you forget to thaw meat for dinner.

Dr. Pepper Chicken
4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 cup Dr. Pepper
1 cup BBQ Sauce
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
Salt & Pepper

You can make this 2 different ways. In the oven or in a crock pot. Either way is awesome! Today I went with the crock pot, but I think the chicken is juicier in the oven.

Put chicken in baking dish or crock pot
Salt & Pepper Chicken to taste
Mix Dr. Pepper & BBQ sauce together, and pour over chicken. (I like to do this in my 4 cup measuring pitcher. It makes it way easy.)
Sprinkle Brown Sugar over the top

Either bake at 350 for 1 hour
or
Cook on low in crock pot for 4-5 hours
Serve with extra sauce on the side because it's amazing!
5 Ingredients
No Pre-Planning
In 1 hour
Delicious

it all spells AMAZING

2 comments:

  1. I am bookmarking this to make for my sister who is a Dr. Pepper addict! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...