Thursday, March 31, 2011

DIY BBQ Chicken Pizza

So as far as pizza goes, I think there's nothing better than BBQ Chicken with Pineapple!
Papa Murphy's makes a good one, and Tad says that Hungry Howies' has an awesome version, but i wanted to try and make my own. I did it as easy as I could think of, and I gotta say it turned out pretty dang good!
PS-I only remembered to snap some pictures after the fact so my images are somewhat lacking.

Step 1-Dough
I started with Pillsbury Pizza Dough. I used the classic kind, but they also have thin crust. You spray a cookie sheet (any size the package says) and roll out the dough onto it. Then press and spread the dough until it covers the surface.
PS-Tad's a crust critic and he approved of the taste so that's a great sign
PPS-If you love crust too, Tad's favorite pizza crust is Domoino's garlic crust


Step 2-Sauce
I decided to go with KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, and I'm glad I did. The Pizza Crust instructions suggested 1/2 a cup of sauce, but since I think there's never enough I used 3/4 cup. And it was awesome. Just spread over your crust as evenly as possible.

Step 3-Toppings
Ok, this is where I seriously lacked on the picture front. I've made this twice now (in the last week!), and I tried a couple of different chicken options. CHICKEN-The first time I chopped up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts into tiny pieces and browned them in a skillet. The second time I used canned chicken. I gotta say they were both pretty good, but I'd give the award to the BS chicken breast. PINEAPPLE-I didn't have any pineapple tidbits, but I did have a can of crushed pineapple and that worked just as well. I recommend putting it on before you put on the cheese. CHEESE-I just used what I had in the fridge, shredded Monterrey Jack and it tasted great.

Step 4-Bake
Cook it at 425 for 12-17 minutes
I did 15 minutes and it was perfect.


I paired it with a salad of greens, spinach, grapes, and craisins.
No matter how sad your salad may look, if you use my favorite dressing it'll be awesome!

So there you go, if you're wondering what to make for dinner tonight and want to put forth minimal effort with an awesome result here it is! I don't know if this is actually healthier than getting your pizza from a pizza place, but it feels that way because you see exactly what goes into it. So I tell myself it is :)

You could really make any kind of pizza with this recipe. Next time I think I'll try chicken bacon ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...