Monday, February 7, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Shepherds Pie

My favorite recipes are the ones that you always have the ingredients in your cupboard and you can put together in under a half an hour. This is a new recipe I tried a few weeks ago and my husband loves it! Normally I don't care for Shepherds Pie, but this one is made with chicken and I thought it turned out really well!

CHEESY CHICKEN SHEPHERDS PIE
INGREDIENTS
1 pkg (6oz) cheesy mashed potatoes
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 cup chicken gravy
shredded cheddar cheese


DIRECTIONS
Preheat over to 375
Make the mashed potatoes as the pkg suggests. I used fake potatoes because they're easier and I was raised on them. If you're a go-getter you could make real ones!
You could cook your own chicken and shred it that way, but my husband loves the Lemon Pepper Rotisserie Chicken because of the extra flavor, and I love it for the simplicity of it. You can get it at Walmart for $3.98, and if you get really lucky sometimes they have them on sale for $2 if they've got a lot of them! You'll probably have some extra which makes for some yummy chicken sandwiches!Shred about 2 cups worth of the chicken (it shreds easily with a fork) and put in a sauce pan.


Add the chicken gravy and vegetables to the shredded chicken and heat until warm.
Pour into an 8x8 baking dish.
Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through and lightly browned.
Put on plate and enjoy! Tad loves to top it with some Johnny's Seasoning Salt.
Even my 2 year old son liked it!
If anyone else has an awesomely simple and delicious recipe they want to share I'd love to try it!

3 comments:

  1. You're just like that "Semi-Homemade" lady on the Food Network!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hearty and warm loving homemade dish!They're the best when the whole family love the taste! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...